The toughest floor for the toughest competitors.
From the most trusted name in sports flooring, Robbins brings you Durathon Elite, a high performance rubber track surface designed for SPEED and DURABILITY. With surface texture options ideal for competition track & field, and multi-purpose activities, Durathon Elite is designed for today’s modern fieldhouse. Durathon Elite can be installed indoor & outdoor, providing consistent and familiar training surfaces so your athletes can train and compete on a single fast and comfortable surface. Its durable vulcanized surface provides excellent performance characteristics for spike and non-spike use.
By virtue of its dual durometer construction, Durathon Elite Track provides excellent force reduction to PROTECT athletes from long-term micro-injuries; while providing superior energy restitution to deliver outstanding athletic PERFORMANCE.
- Vulcanized rubber surface from recycled rubber that is extremely durable and sustainable
- Spike Resistant technology that prevents noticeable surface indentations
- Special color formula that protects against UV rays and rapid discoloration in pigment
- Waffle Back design provides resiliency and deflection to the athlete during impact that results in less energy return to reduce the risk of athletic fatigue and injury
- Ideal surface friction that protects runner and jogger safety
- Excellent acoustics and sound absorption especially good for elevated indoor running and jogging tracks
- Durability to withstand heavy rolling loads from bleachers
Floor System Technology
From The Robbins Institute
Robbins built in UV Stabilizer provides protection to the color of outdoor products from UV rays that can have a negative effect on the pigment of the product. The UV Stabilizer delays fading allowing the surface to maintain its depth of color for an extended period of time.
Spike Resistant technology allows spikes from track shoes and other spiked products to penetrate the floor, but the product will contract to prevent the surface indentations from being too noticeable from above.
Waffle Back Energy Return
The technology and design of the Waffle Back pattern on the backside of Robbins Durathon & Galaxy XTreme systems provides resiliency and deflection to the athlete during impact. The added comfort from the waffle shaped pattern during activities results in less energy returning back to the athlete, therefore reducing the risk of athletic fatigue and injury.
Vulcanized Rubber is a chemical process for converting natural rubber into more durable materials that has superior mechanical properties. Robbins Durathon & Galaxy rubber products not only have the superior qualities of vulcanization, but are also subjected to an additional vulcanization process that heats two layers of recycled rubber together to form one solid rubber surface. This process produces a rubber floor that is extremely durable and sustainable.