Bio-Channel® Classic with Sportwood®
This system combines a highly resilient subfloor design with the Sportwood maple surface to produce one of the most durable, flexible, resilient systems offered by Robbins. Anchored for even greater stability, Sportwood over Bio-Channel is a DIN-certified, extremely shock-absorbing system featuring low oscillation and high dimensional stability. Great for basketball, volleyball, martial arts, aerobic and typical multi-purpose activities.
System Feature Build-up (From top to Bottom):
- Finish – MFMA approved floor finish.
- Gamelines – Gamline Paint.
- Sealer – MFMA approved floor sealer.
- Flooring – 7/16″ (11mm) thick MFMA Northern Hard Parquet Maple Flooring
- Flooring Fastener – Elastomeric adhesive
- Anchor- Anchor spike
- Subfloor – Subfloor Underlayment – 2 layers of of nominal 1/2″x 4′ x 8′, exposure 1 structural rated sheathing
- Sleeper – Bio-Channel sleepers – 1 1/2″ thick x 2 5/8″ wide x 8′ factory assembled steel-encased padded sleeper. Pads are 7/16″ double trapezoidal EPDM rubber with reverese cavity and tabbed for attachment. Lower and upper surfaces are non-coextensive.
- Vapor Retarder – 6- MIL polyethylene.
- Fully DIN-certified—meets or exceeds all six DIN 18032-2 criteria for ball bounce, shock absorption, deflection, area of deflection, rolling load and surface friction.
- Eliminates dead-spots. Anchored for uniformity and dimensional stability
- Sportwood edge-grain parquet is the most dimensionally stable solid hardwood flooring on the market
- Dimensionally stable subfloor design with built in lateral movement.
- 2 7/8″(73mm) with 7/16″(11mm) thick Flooring and 1/2″(12mm) plywood
- 2 3/4″(70mm) with 5/16″(8mm) thick Flooring and 1/2″(12mm) plywood
Reference Projects: Bio-Channel Classic
[flagallery gid=25 name=Gallery]