You expect a lot from your athletic floor. Durability. Attractiveness. Comfort and Safety. And you know better than to think that, when it comes to floor coverings, “one size fits all.” So does Robbins. That’s why Sportwood Ultra Star is the perfect floor for you — no matter what you require.
Sportwood Ultra Star is solidly constructed of beautiful MFMA Parquet edge-grain northern hard maple and features an adaptable, “tunable” underlayment.
Elastomeric urethane adhesive bonds the maple Sportwood to layers of stabilizing load-distribution subfloor, sitting atop a matrix of our EPDM rubber Bio-Pads or alternate resilient element . These pads can be adjusted, or “tuned,” to your desired level of shock absorption — making Sportwood Ultra Star ideal for any number of activities. Whether you need shock absorption security for aerobic, basketball or other sports, or simply want a comfortable multi-use surface for cafetoriums or other facilities, simply specify the amount of resiliency needed, and Robbins will take care of the rest. The load- distibution subfloor, plus the resilient shock-pads, allows Sportwood Ultra-Star floors more “give” — meaning less chance of foot, leg or back injury. In addition to this safety feature, Sportwood Ultra Star is the most dimensionally stable maple parquet product on the market, able to withstand even extreme moisture conditions.
System Feature Build Up (top to bottom):
- Finish – MFMA approved floor finish
- Gamelines – Gameline Paint
- Sealer – MFMA approved floor sealer
- Flooring – 7/16″ (11mm) thick MFMA Northern Hard Maple parquet flooring
- Flooring Fastener – Elastomeric adhesive
- Subfloor – 2 layers of nominal 1/2″ or 7/16″ x 48″ x 96″ (12mm or 11mm x 1219mm x 2438mm) Exposure 1, rated subfloor sheathing. Subfloor will be glued and fastened together.
- Resilient Pad – Many options available
- Vapor Barrier – 6- mil polyethylene
- DIN Certified Performance
- Edge grain maple for superior durability
- Tunable resilience
- Compatible with water based gym finish
- 1 ¾” (44mm) with 7/16” (11mm) maple and 7/16” (11mm) pad
- 2” (51mm) with 7/16” (11mm) maple and ¾” (19mm) pad
Reference Projects: Sportwood Family
[flagallery gid=34 name=Gallery]