|Job Information || |
Full time, 40-50+ hours per week
Part Time, Flexible Schedules available
Currently working 8.5 hour shifts Monday –Friday. Saturday overtime, when applicable, is voluntary.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
Employee operates and performs a number of set up, maintenance, operating and material handling functions in the yard, on a variety of wood processing machines and equipment, in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Perform stick laying in the stacker
- Assist in piling lumber for inspections or de-stacking of lumber
- Help with Plant snow removal and trimming grass when required
- Assist lift drivers with loading / unloading pre driers and kilns for lumber drying.
- Understand and follow procedures at all phases of lumber movement to maintain yield efficiencies.
- Maintain satisfactory levels of productivity, safety and quality at all times.
- Effective communication with truck drivers, co-workers, and management.
- The ability to follow daily instructions.
- Work in other areas of the department or plant as needed.
Experience / Qualifications / Job Requirements:
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be capable of performing job duties that regularly require standing twisting, bending, pulling and pushing with a high degree of frequency, requiring concentration, good hand/eye coordination, strength and balance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, machines and equipment.
- The employee is at times exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to a high noise environment.
- The employee at times may be exposed to outside weather in all conditions
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Desired
Age: 18 or older Required
Pre-employment drug screening required.