|Job Information || |
Full time, 40-50+ hours per week
Currently working 8 hour shifts Monday – Friday. Shifts are subject to change to 9 or 10 hours depending on production needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform forklift safety checklist at the beginning of each shift and before each use.
- Perform daily and weekly maintenance
- Demonstrate the safe operation of the large and small forklift and all associated responsibilities
- Load and unload material as required
- Check all Bil of Ladings for accuracy. Requires use of caliper, tape measure and calculator
- Supply the lumber stacking operation with inbound and outbound lumber
- Learn and use the computer system to make production tags, scan tags and track inventory
- Effectively communicate with truck drivers, co workers and management
- Be open and willing to work overtime, rotate job assignments to reduce the potential for work related injuries and to improve cross training; must demonstrate a positive work attitude and willingness to work cooperatively with co-workers and management.
- Assist other areas of the mill as needed
Experience / Qualifications / Job Requirements:
- Must successfully complete fork lift certification on the small and large forklift and bobcat
- This position requires the use of computer programs to track inventory as well as scanning and printing equipment for bar code labels
- Must be willing to rotate job assignments to reduce the potential for work related injury and to improve cross training
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive work attitude and cooperate with co-workers and supervisors
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be capable of performing job duties that regularly require standing twisting, bending, pulling and pushing with a high degree of frequency, requiring concentration, good hand/eye coordination, strength and balance
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, machines and equipment
- The employee is at times exposed to dusty conditions
- The employee is regularly exposed to a high noise environment
- The employee at times may be exposed to outside weather in all conditions
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Desired
Age: 18 or older Required
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Insurance: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability
Other Benefits include: Paid Holidays and Vacations
Safety Incentive Program
401K Plan with Company Match