|Job Information || |
Full time, 40-50+ hours per week
Currently working 10 hour shifts Monday – Thursday. Mandatory overtime may be scheduled on Fridays. Saturday overtime, when applicable, is voluntary.
This position is classified as Skill Pool primarily in the Rough Mill and Finger Joint departments. The main focus of the position will be to fill in for the Rough Mill Lead and Jointer Operator.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Lead the daily shift huddles and communicate action items to staff, Supervisor and/or Maintenance
- Update the hourly production scorecards
- Complete production reporting at the end of each shift
- Ensure that all products meet quality and grading standards
- Trouble shoot and resolve day to day issues
- Train employees as requested
Quality and Machine Operating Responsibilites:
- Through thorough understanding and practice, ensure that material is properly graded and sorted based on production needs
- Accurately track downtime in associated areas and look for opportunities for improvement in processes
- Operate assigned equipment including, rework saw, rip saw, jointer cut off saw and scanning equipment
- Perform required preventive maintenance and cleaning of assigned equipment
- Assist in other areas as requested
- Maintain satisfactory levels of production, meet efficiency goals and quality expectations while working safely at all times
Experience / Qualifications / Job Requirements:
- Ability to learn and understand the grading scale and processes in order to make logical decisions on how to classify and process materials
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail and track progress
- This position requires the use of computer programs to track and report production as well as scanning and printing equipment for bar code labels
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be capable of performing job duties that regularly require standing twisting, bending, pulling and pushing with a high degree of frequency, requiring concentration, good hand/eye coordination, strength and balance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, machines and equipment.
- The employee is at times exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to a high noise environment.
- The employee at times may be exposed to outside weather in all conditions
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Desired
Age: 18 or older Required
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Insurance: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability
Other Benefits include: Paid Holidays and Vacations
Safety Incentive Program
401K Plan with Company Match