Values Driven since 1894
Robbins Sports Surfaces, a family owned business, is the premier supplier of high performance maple and synthetic sports flooring systems to the NBA, WNBA, NCAA, arena, education, religious and fitness markets. In more than 65 nations on six continents, athletes compete and practice on millions of square meters of Robbins’ sports surfaces. Professional and amateur alike know that when they play on a high performance Robbins’ system they’ll be able to play at peak levels, safely and comfortably.
Do the Right Thing
With integrity and uncompromising moral ethics as our guideposts, we will use good judgment to make the tough decisions that positively reflect on our company, our fellow employees and those we deal with on a daily basis.
Everything we do matters in the lives of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Respect for the individual, regardless of the situation is paramount. Everyone’s actions are the linchpin to our success. Everyone matters – our customers, our vendors and you.
We celebrate our success, but do not rest on our laurels. We learn from our mistakes, but do not dwell on them. We will build on our great legacy and make it stronger.
In each of our roles we will constantly strive to maintain the highest levels of skills and competency necessary to achieve our goals. As good as we are individually, we are better when we collaborate with each other.
The best sports flooring company in the world.
Our Purpose & Passion
We Champion Your Dreams
Many can make a sports floor, but our success is based on going beyond. Whether your dream is a to create a safe play environment for your children, or to create a championship caliber team, our passion is designing, manufacturing and marketing sports surfaces that benefit the user and owner at every level of play:
- Enhanced Safety
- Increased Comfort
- Reduced Fatigue
- Fantastic Game Play Response
- Low Total Cost of Ownership
Delivering on this passion has led to more than 25 patents over the years with additional patents pending. Robbins is the only manufacturer with full-time research and product development staff and has collaborated for more than 20 years with world-renowned biomechanics researcher, Dr. Benno Nigg of the Human Performance Laboratory at the University of Calgary. Robbins’ unique capability and understanding of the biomechanical interaction between athlete and floor have recently led to new designs that reduce vibration and increase uniformity, both of which improve performance, comfort and safety.
Consider for a moment:
- 90% of NBA teams have owned competition and/or training facility floors
- More NBA teams compete and train on Robbins court than all other competitors combined
- 21 of the past 25 NBA Champions played their home games on a Robbins’ court
- 12 of the 16 2013 NBA playoff teams compete and/or train on a Robbins’ court including all four of the finalists – Miami, Indiana, San Antonio and Memphis
- In the past four years alone, almost 50% of the teams in the Men’s NCAA tournament played their home games on a Robbins’ court
- Past NCAA champs include: Louisville, UConn, Duke, North Carolina, Indiana, Kentucky and the list goes on and on and on……
In addition to Robbins Sports Surfaces, Robbins, Inc. is also the majority owner of Egis Floorlife, an innovative after-market sports flooring service business, and owner of a high end residential flooring business.