A Robbins flooring specialist will
Robbins professional theatrical system, DanzAire is a “sprung” floor designed specifically for ballet performers with dancer input to create the world’s most comfortable and safe performance surface. Robbins unique dance floor design clearly unites legendary performance with all the qualities necessary to withstand the rigors of even the most demanding venues, delivering long-lasting, superior performance characteristics that traditional sprung floors cannot. Outstanding uniformity, vibration control, impact force reduction, and deflection allow performers of all levels to concentrate on their art, not the fear of falling or injury.
System Feature Build up (From top to bottom):
- Finish – MFMA approved floor finish.
- Sealer – MFMA approved floor sealer.
- Flooring – Commodity 25/32″ Random Length (RL) Northern Hard Strip Maple or upgraded 1/2″(13mm) or 25/32″(20mm) Continuous Strip® XL Finger-Jointed(FJ) Northern Hard Strip Maple.
- Flooring Fastener – 1 3/4″ (44mm)staples or flooring cleats.
- Subfloor – 1 layer of nominal 3/8″ x 24″ x 96″(9mm x 60cm x 2438mm) Exposure 1,rated subfloor sheathing. Subfloor will be glued and fastened together.
- Anchor- Anchor spike and retainer.
- Subfloor – Laminated Danzaire panel with built in resilient layer.
- Vapor Barrier – 6- MIL polyethylene.
- Significantly enhances “comfort’’
- Provides unparalleled uniformity in feel and performance
- Tightly controls magnitude and timing of deformation
- Damps vibration, quickly limiting effect on neighboring performers
- Minimizes floor system vibration in general and specifically in the natural frequency range of soft tissue packages, providing comfort and reducing fatigue
- Separates the input vibration frequency (i.e., the skeletal deceleration (frequency) from the natural frequency of soft tissue packages
- Induces small Electromyography (EMG) muscle activity response
- Limits the amount of flooring set into motion upon impact through excellent deformation control
- Provides outstanding acoustics
- Eliminates excessive rebound e.g., “trampoline effect”
- Prevents “hard & soft spots” through uniform suspension across the entire floor
- Uniformity, vibration control, and force reduction dramatically reduces the potential for injury, while also enhancing performance
- Provides excellent stability under theatrical loading
- 2 3/4″(70mm) with 1/2″(13mm) thick Flooring
- 3″(76mm) with 25/32″(20mm) thick Flooring
- 3 1/4″(83mm) with 33/32″(26mm) thick Flooring
Reference Projects: Performing Arts & Theater Floors